Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Haven't Been Here for a while

Well, I sure have not kept up with this blog as much as what I had hoped, but here is what is going on in our house. J is going to be starting kindergarten in September and I have gone back to work. DH is an over the road truck driver and with fuel prices going crazy we needed the extra income and now we have health insurance through my work and are saving $600 a month on health insurance also.

J is a little sad that she is now going to daycare, but at the same time her best friend goes to the same one and they get to play everyday now. It is hard on me too because we have put our adoption on hold for now until we get somewhat caught up on our bills, not that we are behind, but we want to have somethings paid off. As much as I want to bring another child into our lives the expense is not something we can do at this time.

We are just now discussing the possiblity of looking into adopting a child between 1-3 years of age. DH says he doesn't need the baby stage again, but, I'm not sure if I want to miss out on the first smiles, rolling over and everything that goes with babies. We have a lot to talk about.

Hopefully I will get better at posting more often.

2 comments:

Happy said...

It sounds like things are busy for you. What about school? Are you still going?

katd said...

Oh, I am so glad you posted! I check here pretty often to see if you're back, and imagine my surprise today:)
I'm with you on the second child thing. It seems so far fetched to imagine coming up with the kind of money it takes a second time. My husband would adopt a 1 year old in a heart beat, but as much as I'd love sleeping through the night, I'd hate to miss all the firsts, too.