Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Hope Filled

I am starting this blog as a way to express my feelings while waiting for our second domestic adoption to be completed. We have already had two failed matches and are just waiting to get that call that says we have a match for you.

Our first adoption of our dd J went so smoothly. We got the call that a girl was born and the papers had been signed so to come and get our daughter. I have never moved so fast. I was at work and I started to delegate things that needed to be done since I was in management. I called my dh and finished up everything at work went home washed the baby clothes that we had been picking up, and packed. My wonderful MIL came over and helped me clean our house. We got a "good" night sleep. I don't think I slept a wink and we left from Minnesota for Texas the next morning at 7:00 am.

It was all so unreal. We met our dd birthmom and fell in love with her. She asked us what we thought of the pictures of our daughter. At that point we had not seen her at all. Our bmom just cried she couldn't believe we came all of that way without seeing her picture first. To us it didn't matter what she looked like we had already fallen in love with her from what our caseworker had told us.

Now we are on the rollercoaster ride again and hopefully it will go better then it has been soon.

1 comment:

Happy said...

I see you were inspired and have started a blog. It is fun and great to meet others and see what they are going through. I felt so ALONE until I discovered the other adoptive bloggers! We backed out of our match because everything that the expectant mother told us was inaccurate. We learned 6 months later that she was a scammer. If only I had thought to type her name into google. Have you guys specified a boy or a girl? Since you already have a daughter I didn't know if you guys wanted a boy. Was your adoption open, semi-open, closed? I'll stop by again!