Wednesday, April 4, 2007

More Info

Well, Trace made a comment on my first post with some questions so here is a little more information on our current adoption. We are hoping to adopt either a full AA or Bi-racial child as our daughter is AA/Hispanic. We do not care if it is a boy or a girl as we would not be able to choose if I was able to give birth. Our adoption with our dd is semi-open to open. Our dd bmom has our address and phone number but in the last couple of years has chosen not to use it. The last set of pictures that I sent her came back as the forward on her address had run out and I don't have her new address.

We started our adoption process in June of 2006 and was hoping it would not take over a year but it is looking like it will not happen by then. We were matched with a emom due in February, but in late January she changed her mind and decided to parent. We then were matched in early March with an emom due mid April and she has now decided to parent. I just wish one of these matches would work. It was hard since both wanted to have closed adoptions so we could not get a feeling for what they would do. I am hoping the next match will be more open so that we would be able to talk to them.

1 comment:

Happy said...

Wow! Your second adoption really is so different! We moved and restarted in September 2006 so I feel the wait too!